Monday, January 01, 2007

Various Knits

So one of my "new year's resolutions" is to update this more often so I can have a nice account of everything I've done.


So the first is one of my rare lace projects. I knit it as a belated birthday present for a friend and she loved it, even though I gave it to her in July. I got the lace stitch out of Knitting for Dummies, which is a good all around reference book I think. This photo is graciously modeled by Orlando Bloom (okay, my Legolas cardboard cutout from my fangirly LOTR days).






Stats: US 13 needles, Caron Simply Soft (chunky something rather, I don't remember).






















Next I have some lovely merino fingerless gloves I made my best friend for her birthday. Again, I felt silly giving them to her in July, but I figured she could use them when the AC got too cold. This was not only my first intro to knitting with really nice yarn, but also to duplicate stitch. Stats: Size 5 US needles, Filatura Di Crosa Zara Yarn (bought in Florence, Italy (!)), original pattern by me.





These gloves, or rather glove and a half, are done now, but I don't have a good enough picture of them finished. These are my first full gloves, and I am not scared of working with size US 3 DPNs anymore. I said I would never go skinnier than a US 5 needle, but it was only out of fear.
Tomorrow when the sun is out I'll go take better pictures because they deserve it.

Now, I'm off to drool over my 1 skein of Noro Kureyon. I think combined with some coordinating Cascade 220 (now that I can afford) I'll do a felted purse.

Happy Knit Year,
H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home