Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dyeing and a much needed panta

I had my first real go with dyeing the other day. I was stuck at home with the flu and felt a little better, so I pulled out the kool-aid and vinegar and produced this yarn. Its lion brand wool, so not too expensive for my first trials of dyeing. I think it turned out really well, except now I have this little tiny odd-ball of yarn in valentine's day colors. I don't even really like valentine's day. It must have been the fever that made me do it ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And look! A panta. Its really coming in handy during these bitterly cold temperatures. Merino wool is nice in single/teen digit temperatures. Done awhile ago in Zara Extrafine Merino, more stash busting. It is toasty and warm.


Heather

2 Comments:

At 8:17 PM , Blogger Kelsey Leftwich said...

i really like that panta. is it an original pattern?

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger heather said...

Well, I got the pattern from craftster.org, but I did the colors myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home